Thursday, March 8, 2012

Well, Yesterday was another busy calving day!! Three new babies within hours of each other!! AND I still managed to get to my sewing room for a little sewing. I am trying to clean up my 'scraps' from previous projects. Lately I seem to be doing alot of that. This is one of two Pumpkin and Spice quilts waiting patiently to be quilted. I used the scrap pile from these to make my Farmer's Wife quilt(pictures in past post).

This was my rendition of an embellished jacket class with Marji Moore. My inspiration fabric was the southwest charm squares. It is a much more manly jacket than I was going for but the process was alot of fun. My poor Martha(my mannequin) has no figure in this outfit.
Of course I had leftovers........






.......which turned into my Southwest quilt with the remainders of the charm squares as the feature of each star in this quilt!!!


So after reflecting on my recent projects I think it is time to break out of my predominantly brown phase and start something much more spring-y! After all, it is on it's way. I am going to totally change up the direction of  my New York Beauty quilt along with Sew Sweetness. The first block started on March 5.

There is still time to participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...