Monday, October 21, 2013

Beautiful Day for a Wedding

 
Canmore, Alberta....
 
a beautiful place to get married..... or do anything actually!!


 
With the Three Sister Mt Range in the background,
 

 
Gary&Terry Whitman walked their daughter, Tressa down the isle..
 

 
To marry her love, Matt
 
It was a great day to get married!!
 
Our room even had an amazing view...

 
the trees were showing off all their colors....

 
in every shade.....

 
While touring the town we saw this sign for a local quilt show....

 
Terry and I headed there on Saturday morning...
 
Cute banner....

 
but I think ours is outstanding in comparison
 
 
It was a very small show with only one vendor - Sugar Pine...
 
Star wedding ring...
 

 
 

 
Falling Leaves....

 
a Plaid rendition....

 
Old crazy quilt....

 
From 'Ladies Days' in 1904....
 
 
Log cabin...
 
 
 
Not sure what this was called but liked the end result...


 

I think this is the new 'Crazy Horse'!!!

 
The most exciting part of the show was the H.A.Kidd rep as she was enthusiastic about her new products!!
 
While touring Canmore, we came across this stand ...
 
 
It has all the tools you need to fix your bike and pump up your tire!!

 
What a great idea!!

 
We also made a quick stop over at Sugar Pine Quilt Store...
 
I loved this little mini log cabin which, to no surprise, was one of Terry's favorites also!!

 
That's what you get from years of hanging out together!!
 
A great representation of Alberta....

 
SugarPine had every kind of fabric you would want from Batiks to Asian fabric


 
These two caught my eye...

 
Then it was back to Calgary to visit with my sisters...
 
AND
 
a quick trip through IKEA to find a closet for the new entry!!!
 
Arnold would not say it was quick but I gave him the flash tour!
 
 
I think we have a winner!!
 
Christa
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. The old crazy quilt brings back memories of sleeping under one like that when I stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's home in Frontier. I spent the first three years of school at their house as we didn't have school bus service to our farm. Precious memories. I always enjoy reading your blog, Christa - a good mix of quilting and everyday life with great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canmore really is one of the most beautiful places, and Sugar Pine one of my favorite quilt stores. Sad to say no family there anymore, so don't stop very often (other than to take advantage of better-priced Alberta fuel before we head home to BC). Thanks for the quilt show - beauties all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank's for your information and i like your post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...