Wednesday, December 18, 2013

An Early Christmas Gift

Oh...to be so flexible
as
 to be able to melt out of your skidoo suit like Justin can!!

 
Not possible for me but my body feels like that looks after a day of moving grain!!
 
Thank goodness for a grain vac!!
 

 
I just envision myself on ship in the Carribean looking through the porthole.....

 
which will be for REAL in only a couple of weeks!!
 
WARMTH......
 
Unlike today.... a very blustery cold day!!
 
 I see even the Engineer needed to stop
 
 for coffee to warm up at the crossing in Torquay!!

 
He barely fit between the two crossings of highway by town!!

 
You don't see that every day!!

Engineer returning from coffee
 
It was a heartwarming surprise when I got my mail today!!
 
Remember this 'challenge' fabric......

 
That I made my rendition of a Twister Christmas Tree???
 
 
 


Well, it returned home just in time for Christmas....
 

 
With a little something extra!!

 
I won 2nd prize in the Challenge with Quilter's Haven in Moose Jaw,Sask.
 
What a nice early Christmas gift!!
 
Thank you to Arlyce and Heather at Quilter's Haven!!
 
If you haven't checked it out yet...
 
head over to our Guild Blog to see what fun we had at our Christmas Party last week!!
 
Great gifts were exchanged by all!!
 
It's Guild tomorrow!
 
Christa
 



6 comments:

  1. Wow, pretty nice pay check for second place. The little quilt is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning! Brrr, it looks brutal up there. We have had snow since Thanksgiving, but this weekend it is to be in the 50's!!!!! Really? Mother Nature is totally confused this year. I am hoping for a white Christmas, but will be happy for all who don't have to mess with the weather while traveling. Our nephew and family are traveling from Texas. It will be a long haul with 4 children. I can't wait to see them!
    Merry Christmas and enjoy your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Carol! It is cold up here!! We need a warm snap. I think we are due. Hope you have a great Christmas with your family!!

      Delete
  3. Heh Christa, its always lovely to get an early Christmas present, and burrrr its cold outside at your place. Its -12 here and calm and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great surprise! I can do cold but when the wind is so high it makes it minus UNBEARABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning that prize! What a nice surprise to get in the mail just before Christmas. A blessed Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...