Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Very Productive Week

Between the rains,
 

We have managed to get some swathing done...

 
We had a picnic in the hayfield with the Whitmans last night...
 

 
Behind Boundry Dam.....
 
 
To watch some fireworks....

 
It was an amazing display of color...

 
And we had front row seats....

 
Only 100 yards from where they were set off...

 
Some were shot off into the water and came back up into the sky!!

 
It was part of the Beach Bash for Boundry..

 
It was a fun evening!!

 
Thanks to the Whitmans for inviting us!!

 

 
 
We also had a reconnaissance mission
to
 recovering Justin's pigs from the neighbours place...
 
Yup...those are 2  VERY DIRTY pigs in the back seat of MY truck!!

 
I think Justin owes me some detailing for my truck!!
 
I also finished a quilt for my friend, Pat Jones...
 
Pat had a stroke just after purchasing the fabric for a Judy Neimeyer quilt.
 
 
 
 
I felt so bad for her so I offered to make the quilt for her....

 
I have a 'Love-Hate' relationship with these patterns.

 
I LOVE the end result
but
 HATE the waste of fabric as per Judy's instructions.

 
After all the components are sewn together...

 
There is some serious paper removal...

 
involved in getting to the end....

 
This is the LOVE part....



It's off to Terry Whitman's to be quilted!!
 
Going to be gorgeous..
 
 
Christa
 

 


3 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Certainly a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you cook at all while you sewed that quilt together?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...