Monday, January 19, 2015

Good Bye Palm Trees....Hello Reality!!

Well...today is our last day....this is my peaceful spot to blog at looking and listening to the ocean...


I am going to miss these two tall Palm trees and the roar of the water washing on to shore...


Joy and I can attest to this photo... Don't get me wrong....

my butt was and is not this cute but I know what this feels like!!

We got our fair share of sand in our gussets while trying to get out of the ocean and were attacked by rolling waves...

Give a whole new meaning to 'sandbox'!!!!


At one beach we rented the last chair so we learned to make sand sofas with pretty good lumbar support.  Sure beat the chairs on the plane!! 

When we went to rent the a chair yesterday at the same beach the guy said we don't rent chairs.

I said yes you do...we had it yesterday.... Then another guy stood up and said...oh...I have been renting Todds chair for 5 bucks a day!! So we rented Todds chair again.  I asked him if he had anything else he wanted to rent of his own!!

When we were done at the beach I told them they could charge 10 bucks for our sand sofas if they wanted to!!


More lounging area than a beach chair!!


We saw so many whales breaching from our recliners yesterday! It was an awesome show of nature!!


Took some time to watch this little character as he gobbled up crumbles here and there in the square...


Looks like Woody Woodpecker...


Sent the guys to the whalers Museum since we had already done it when they went to the PGA tournament ...


This compass could have come in handy for Arnold earlier.  He had no sense of direction while here so he downloaded a compass on his phone to see where we were at each day!!


Sunday was for old car shows here too!!


I often wonder the journey that these cars had to take to get here...


Very impressive show...


This one would be great to handle on the road to Hana...


Ate the last of our pineapples from our tour...



Now it's OGG...LAX....YVR......YQR.....and home!

Christa

3 comments:

  1. Safe travels. I've enjoyed your travelogue and passed your blog address to my sister as she and her whole family are planning a vacation there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach chair rental story had me laughing so hard I had tears. OMG. Thanks for sharing that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard to leave paradise. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...