Saturday, July 25, 2015

Duck Mountain Getaway

It may be mid summer but it is also time to swathe the rye...should be ready to combine on Monday!
 
Dawson is always exhausted after a day of bunny watching in the tractor...
It is also our annual camping getaway with Arnold's family... This year it's Duck Mountain Park

I like to explore our way to our destinations so we stopped for lunch in Carlyle at Michaels....

Then a quick stop at Sew and Sews to see her new store...

Pretty nice!!!!
I made this quilt some time ago and still love it!!
 
Then it was a quick stop at Colettes Sewing in Yorkton....


Where I purchased the inside panel of this quilt...not sure why but it was calling my name...
 
While Arnold went golfing, Justin and I headed to Swan River,Mb
I wonder if Justins milk cows agree with this slogan ....
The Coop was cool.... It still had clothing and a sewing section at the grocery store
Quite the selection....wish ours still did!!!
The real draw to Swan River was to check out Fabriculous Quilt Store...
I have experienced their booth at shows but never to the store 
It did not disappoint!!! The owners husband was manning the store and did a mighty fine job of hosting us. 
He was an ex cattle farmer turned store owner and was passionate about there venture 
I loved the different taste than the average store. Lots of bright colours 
Lots of samples...
Some Tula Pink....
And some original art work from the owners,,,

It was a fun day!!!

Now back to regular scheduled programming....loons cooing and squirrels chattering

Having a rest...Christa

2 comments:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...