Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday Stash


I have been sewing up a storm for a friend...


Her mom passed away 
and
 she wanted some quilts made from her clothes.

This is definitely NOT my best work 
but 
with what I had to work with - it will have to do!!


It was rayon,knit, and spandex.

Let's just call them....Memories.



After those, I felt like I deserved to work on MY stuff..

I pulled out all my Wedding Ring Star blocks 
and 
sewed them up!

I want this to be queen size 


So I have to make at least 20 more blocks...


Even the scraps are pretty!!


And like I needed a further distraction...

Tamra from Pleasant Pheasant Fabrics had organized a stash sale
 from a friend of hers who passed away

She is getting my stash when I go!!!

 She did an awesome job of organizing it all in lines of fabric!!!

I purchased some Sun Dancer


I think I will make it into this bag....



After seeing Sarah Harder's Dresden plate in greys

I thought this would be a great selection...


Tamra is such a thoughtful person.

This special package was saved just for me!!


Tamra knew I loved Dragonflies!!

Thanks so much Tamra!!

There will be two more Pat's Stash Sale days

November 17 and December 12th


The prices are 3$/yard.

My plans for the day??

Sewing...

Problem of the day??

Which project to work on!!!

Have a great Sunday!

Christa 

1 comment:

  1. Your Bali Wedding Star is gorgeous and mine is getting closer and closer on my to do list!! WHO needs counseling???lol I can't wait to see what you come up with for your dragon fly fabric and yes, we are lucky to have Tamra close by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...