Thursday, March 17, 2016

Classes in Minot

 
It was a fun weekend away from calving!!
 
One of the speakers was Chris Lyn Kirsch.
 
She is amazing with compass quilts and architectural appliqué 
 
She showed us a fast way to make your own compass....
 
One day..... when I have it figured out I'll try to show you...
 
 
She even made wonky ones....
 
 
 I took a class was on creative borders

 
I am so guilty of just calling it quits
 when
 I think the middle is 'finished' but she encouraged us to use up scraps and orphan blocks 
 
 
Or piece it right to edge like this cat quilt...
 
800 little pieces of cat fabric to make this one!
 
 
She used a slightly darker shade to make it hardly noticeable 
 
 
Spots of red to bring some of the poppy color out to the edges...
 
Appliquéd some flowers on the edges...
 
 

 
Continued the vines right to the edges...
 
 
Half square triangles on the corners...
 


 
Used up the small leftover flower fabric in small squares...
 
 
Scalloped edges...
 
 
Make it look like a wood frame ....
 
 
A skinny border in a bit and continue the quilt to the edge...
 
 
Latticed right to the outside edge with a skinny flange

 
The outside flowers flow over on to the green
(sorry....not a good picture)

 
It was a good class to help you think outside the center!!
Christa
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...