Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Whole Lot of Swathing Going On!!

I thought we were a head of schedule this year but looking back on last year we are right on track!!
Everything is ready!! 
I just started reading(listening) to a book called The Tipping Point when I started swathing wheat.
 It was probably a good thing as half way through....the pitman broke. 
Kind of major repair. 
Fixed it 
Started up again...  the knife head broke. 

I got back to the yard and walked around the swather to see the tire fall off and the other one going flat. 

Then the pasture manager called to say a calf died 


I have a pretty strong Tipping  point as I haven't gone over the dead end....yet!!!

Christa  

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a bad day. Sometimes it makes a person wonder why we chose this life, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could retire from farming and go full-time quilting!?!?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are days!! If I was the 60 million winner in Sask I'ld be quilting and quilting right now!! Any of my friends the winner???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...