Monday, October 3, 2016

Sustenance of Life

Some say it's food...
 
BUT without water...food doesn't grow!!
 
We have been so dry for the past few years.
 
Our dugouts are super low....
 


We spent the weekend pumping two dugouts into one big one
 to make sure
 we have enough water under the ice this winter!!
 
(I tell yah...that dog makes it into every photo without even trying)
 

 
It was quite the angle since the water is so low!!

 
The weather couldn't have been nicer.
 
 
 
 
We also went for a drive to Angusville, Manitoba
 
 

 
 
to look at some new Herford cows
(kind of ironic...herfords in 'Angus'ville....)
 

 

 
We have purchased from this breeder before
and
love their cows.
 
Justin and I both said at the same time 'How cute!!'
 
Then had to remind ourselves...look at hooves,udders, confirmation
 
But really....aren't they adorable??


 
The trees in Manitoba were incredible
 
The colors of fall were everywhere
 
 
The farmers in Manitoba seem to respect old homesteads leaving them standing.
 
Such heritage...
 

 
 
And no road trip is complete without a stop at a quilt store!!
 
We made it with 20 minutes to spare to Shirley's Sewing Room in Moosomin
 
Where if you look closely...
 
you will see Sharon Armstrong in the window coming to greet us!
 

 

 
Shirley and I are sisters from another mother.
 
She loves blue as much as I do...

 
and stars couldn't look better in blue!!

 
Her new store looks amazing...

 
Which you could have seen
 if
I would have taken pictures of something other than her amazing 'Blue' 'Star' quilts

 
I hope your weekend was as productive as mine!!
I hear winter is coming this week!!
Christa

 

 

 

2 comments:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...