Sunday, April 23, 2017

Gifts on Short Notice

My sister,Larissa is heading to England in a few days to visit family
(Yup...all my family are gypsies) 
She asked if I could make a couple quilts for two new babies!
 
I was going to try but time has creeped away!
 
So it was going to have to be something quick and easy.
 
Two little girls...
 
Well.....
 
This called for some sweet Tim Holtz cotton
And some bubble minky!! 

I made best use of all of my fabric so I was able to get two receiving blankets.

The Tim Holtz fabric is wide back and the minky was 60" wide.

 A couple yards of satin binding at Walmart..... mitred the corners

Using a decorative stitch to catch the edges of the binding.

I snuck in a little 'ps.i love you' tag in the angle! 

Just in the nick of time. 

 Hope they love them!! 

Christa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...