Monday, June 12, 2017

Outside Our Box

Valerie Wilson is a fablous teacher from Winnipeg,Manitoba
Our guild decided to try a class we were sure was beyond our talents!!

Valerie Wilson is a fabulous portrait quilter!!

She spent two days with us....
Giving us all her tricks and tips to help us attack our portraits 
 Terry decided to try a picture of her dog who has passed away....
Stubby....
Maryann did a picture of her daughter, Tianna
Stunning! 
 Charlene did her son, Bradley.
Charlene lost her husand and son 3 years ago this weekend in a tragic plane crash 
so 
this was a very meaningful rendition for her.
 Charlene did it more than justice.
Look at how the plaid shirt is coming!!!
Incredible!!!
 Sandi did her husband who is making good recovery from a stroke.
 She decided it to try it in an abstract way using prints
 It is going to be awesome! 
 Trudi did a friends baby.
She sent a pic of the process and her friend recognized him so she is on the right track!! 
 I decided to do my mother in law, Marie (Cossette) Marcotte 
 This was taken for the Estevan Fair poster when she was 16.
 I showed Marie and she knew it was her! 
There are more to show but I will post them when they finish theirs! 
Thank you ,Valerie and all those who came!
It was a great weekend!! 
Christa 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun, creative class. I beg the fair poster was made by King Show Print which was Bob's family's business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be interesting to know. I will ask her more about it!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed with your class results. I knew your talented bunch of ladies would be up to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaynie! You had more confidence in us than we did!! We all shocked ourselves!!

      Delete
  3. Loved the class, thanks for bringing Valerie in. Still working on the picture of Graham. I will share when done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see Graham finished! It was a great class!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...