Sunday, October 1, 2017

Reaping in the Bounty

It was a fabulous fall day yesterday

Perfect temperature to harvest the garden 

Despite the drought, 
We watered enough to get more than we needed out of the garden 

A bucket of squash and pumpkins...


A truck box of potatoes, carrots, and beets...

Chantel and the grandsons came to help


Jaxon went to the field with grandpa 

Brayden helped us in the garden 


Brayden loved this little furry friend...

 

On the quilting side of life....

A friend was working on Antelope Canyon so I thought I would give it a try..


 I gathered scraps out of my stash...
(notice the cat proof ice tea...)


 Add a sewing machine that does 5000 stitches/minute....

One free afternoon....

This quilt was created!! 


 There are two settings and I liked the half moon version....


I also was quite impressed with the three commision quilts I finshed up 

These are clothing from their loved one.

I was a little scared of the stretch
but 
took the most firm blouses to start with...

 

I had never tried a Shadowbox Quilt...


All packed off to the longarmer!!


Two more quilts to work on!! 

Happy harvest!!

Christa 

2 comments:

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...