Friday, November 17, 2017

Bali ....Part 1

We made it there and back....
barely...
still recovering.....

First stop was Vancouver.....

With a 11 hour layover...

We were lucky enough to have a personal tour guide!!

Bill is Terry's brother, Tressa's Uncle


He led us along the harbour seeing the sights 
and
grabbing some supper!!


It was a fabulous way to start the trip!!


While killing some time in the airport...

We had a contest among the travellers.

Who had made the best eye mask for this venture??


We had Val Black...

She is a crocheter so she made a pair of owl eyes...


Sandi who made some fancy eyes with buttons....


Jymmie Kaye....

She was a real Canadian but underneath that facade 


She was really dreaming of some buff men!!


Maryann had some really crazy eyes...

 Can't tell if she was sleeping or not!!


We met a couple who were on their honeymoon to Bali with us.

We made them the official judges.

The winner got a  pencil mister
(which proved to be a saving grace)

The runner up got 10,000 Rupiah
(1$ Canadian)

Even our China Air plane was wearing a mask!!

We took every opportunity to  try to get a snooze in...


Scoped out the best recliners in the airport


We knew we were in for a long haul!!!!


We looked for some snacks at the airport....

I passed....not into Chicken feet myself!!


We were fed on the China Air twice since it was the longest leg...

13.5 HOURS!!


It took us 48 hours to get to Bali....

Then it was an hour bus ride to our hotel!!


We were tired to say the least!!

Stay tuned...More pictures to down load

zzzzzzz
Christa 




4 comments:

  1. I somehow missed the judging of the eye masks - mine didn't end up getting decorated so wasn't even in the running! Also trying to work on my blog - how much I have forgotten already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry!! We tried to corral everyone who was participating at Taipei!! I am glad I had made notes as we traveled!! It was a lot for 15 days!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the excellent recap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your blogging program is working better. I've been looking forward to trip details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...