Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Bali ......Part 5

Our first week was spent in Nusa Dua, Bali.

It was a fabulous Hotel with an incredible pool.

Both hotels had fabulous pools

With the heat,we spent a lot of time rehydrating and floating in it.

Sandi, Christa, and Jill

I would have to say that was our saving grace

One of our tours was to Threads of Life in Ubud.

The street was paved with notes of marriages


It was pretty cool



Threads of Life 

is a company that connected the talents of the Balinese
with
people looking to purchase these handmade treasures


Jalan talked about how these masterpieces were weaved 


Naturally dyed


Understanding the stories behind the patterns


These pieces are very intricate


His store was filled with all kinds of textiles


 Ikat in the process of being weaved



The hand made baskets were just as inpressive.

Fabulous pattern finely weaved.






We quickly realized that it was important to have water and a fan to try to stay cool.

I purchased mine at Threads of Life


Nearly every day we were treated to lunch at a different restuarant

We finally convinced Sudiana to eat with us!!


This was duck, rice, bean salad and shrimp chips


Dessert was green pancake with coconut and fried banana


We drank alot of water out of these containers.

It was a water juice box!


We went to a few jewelry stores

This one was all silver


We could not take pictures inside


but the outside was amazing

I loved this bike display



Through the bamboo forest....


and down the stairs with all the cool frogs


was a tour through the workshop of the silversmiths



 

We also stopped at a Pearl Store.


I am not much of  pearl girl
 but
 I loved what the other girls bought after I saw their purchases.

I hope you are not bored out of your mind yet!!

Nearly done!!

Christa

ps.
Happy Birthday, Shelby!!

7 comments:

  1. Not bored at all! The more picture, the better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the cheaper version of going to Bali....from your arm chair!!

      Delete
  2. Your blog is my first daily stop with always the thought, "I hope there's more Bali stuff today."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Christa. You are doing a fantastic Job , More , please!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! Thanks for the fabulous picture of Sandi, Jill and I!! It was definitely MY BEST side!!

      Delete
  4. As all the above comments. I want more, more, more. Loving all the pictures and stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...