Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Homeward Bound

This is the haul I brought home from Bali 


I felt like that guy on the scooter....


 We were a day ahead of our families at home 
so 
we had a running joke that we will be home yesterday!

We went from Denpasar, Bali to Taipei, Taiwan


 When you see the maps of each leg like this,

 it really hits home how far it is!! 


Thanks to our travel agent, 

we had passes for the VIP lounge in Taipei.

That was such a treat to sit in comfy chairs 
and
Have snacks and drinks(like two bottles of Baileys)
 before
 going on the longest part of this journey!!

Taipei  to Vancouver...


 With a tailwind, it was shortened to 10.5 hours
(It was 13.5 going to Bali)

I was glad that I had packed some of my own snacks...


Some of the food on the plane was questionable for a foreigner like me.

I was missing the simple things in life....

 I paid to use many bathrooms in Bali.

 
I used bathrooms in every language,

(Used the man’s bathroom before realizing it was!)


I was thinking I have never paid for a bathroom in Canada
 but 
We actually have...

the guilt makes us by a coke and kitkat if we didn’t buy gas!

So technically  I have!! 
  

 I love to travel but I always love coming home.

When we landed in Vancouver,

 I almost forgot where we were when I looked at this picture! 


 Thanks again to Jodi, our travel agent 
as
 she booked us in the Fairmont at the airport.


It was like sleeping on a cloud!!


This glamping playground made me think of my girlfriend, Lori


 How cute is that??


 It was two more planes from Vancouver to Calgary to Regina.


 How I enjoyed the familiar cookies on the plane!! 


 Love the quilted prairies!! 


 The first thing to hit the wash was my new found stash of batiks


Even Lucy was interested in what I had purchased....

She never goes in the dryer!


 I was pretty happy with my new fabrics

 
 

 
 
 
 

 The dog sleds were so cute ...I couldn't resist!

We had sled dog teams in Ontario when I was a kid

 
 
 

 Who knew I would find some buffalo in Bali!?!?

 
 

 With all that fabric out of my suitcase


Folded and stacked.... 


 It was time to tackle my other treasures...


I thought this would make a great sewing basket... 

 Some yummy Chocolate to stuff some stockings..


 Their bags were made of compostable and biodegradable materials


 

 I seem to be getting a bike collection started...

I could not resist this little one...


 Pretty cool how the hub is a little bobbin


Some scarves for for some special people ... 


 Cute little zippered bags....


Bags are unpacked
and
 life is back to normal.

Got my nights back to days.

Now to spend some time in my sewing room!!

I am so glad that Volcano waited for us to get home.

I hope that Sudiana, Diasa and Rudi stay safe
as well
as all of Bali!!

I wonder if that earthquake I felt
wasn't the volcano starting it's eruption??

Christa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...