Monday, December 4, 2017

Back to Business

I must say...I miss the heat.....
 
It took a few weeks to get back into the swing of things 
 
But 
 
We have been going full force for the last couple of weeks now.
 

Preg checking cows and selling calves.

Winterizing watering bowls and getting calving barns ready for snow.

 Pretty brown out there and with no rain the pasture is toast.

 We usually don’t start feeding till January

But

We are all ready feeding hay.

I have been wearing all my winter gear as I am frozen! 

The colors of Fall have been beautiful!!

 I have been trying to get a bit of sewing started.

Kind of got out of the routine....

Made a little bear for my commision quilts girl.

Her mom loved pink...so used one of her pink shirts...

 Parts have become a bear...

 
My Antelope Canyon quilt needed to be bound...
 
Crazy how 4 large log cabin blocks....

 Make one big quilt....

We made two of these for donation quilts at guild.

I had sewn one wrong but caught the mistake.

This was my quilt

and 

it was already quilted when saw the SAME mistake in the middle!!!

YEEESH.....Too late now! 

 I felt like this needed a punch of color 

so 

I used Susies Magic Binding technique to add some red

 Another Christmas gift ready to go!

The first snow fell this week so I am not feeling as guilty about sewing. 

Especially today...the wind made it feel like -30C

I am going to freeze this winter!!

Christa 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...