Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Santa Came Early

Don't you just love the man in red...so thoughtful!!

He knew I would like to finish some gifts before Christmas

Take two HUGE boxes....

 Unpack them in the kitchen....

Why not the sewing room?? You all know!! 


 I have been looking for a new machine for a while now. 

I have been a Pfaff girl for 33 years but they just don't seem to be what they used to be.

I love the drop down walking foot which the Bernina now has.

I also love the fact that it is a metal well made machine.

I jumped right in to trialing this puppy! 


I was commissioned to make 5 quilts from a loved ones clothing who passed away .

These are the five of them...

 

I love Susies magic binding...

adds a bit of color to the binding...

 
 Each one is different and unique.

She loved them and they are ready for Christmas,

My next task was to haul this beast of a machine UP to the sewing room.

I forced myself to address this disaster....


 It always looks worse than it is 
and 
sure feels good to get some control again!!


 The Bernina 770 QE came with the embroidery unit as a Black Friday Sale.

Of course, I dove right in!

I didn't think I would ever do machine embroidery
but
I found out I LOVE it!! 


 . Like I need another addiction...seriously....


The possibilities are endless....


With a clean slate...


I could be down right dangerous!  

You know where you can find me....

Christa

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting. The five quilts are amazing, best gift to remember a loved one. Looking forward to the next blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...