Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Grand Turk

Last stop on the cruise was Grand Turk...


My plan was a beach day



How can you resist these blue waters and tan sand!!


There is not alot to do on this island anyways!!


I could not go home without putting my toes in the sand somewhere!!


What could be better than some ice cold Corona and limes!!

Every one else flew home after the cruise 
and
Arnold and I ventured out on our own

I love the signage for parking around Florida...


This was us!!


We saw one for tractor crossing but at 80MPH it's tricky to get a pic!!

We stayed at Orange Lake Resort in Orlando again.

One morning, I saw these two characters walking the golf course


I said Good morning, guys!!

They v-lined over...



Looking for snacks....


I tossed them some bread and next thing you know we had a party going on!!


We took a little trip over to  Blue Springs State Park to see some manatee


We even saw an alligator.... 

on the other side thank goodness!

There were 347 Manatee spotted the day we went!



They love the warm spring waters on cool mornings.


It was a beautiful warm day for a Canadian...


 to stroll on the board walk...



Deland is near this park so we HAD to go to the quilt shop!!


This shop is full of all kinds of projects...


Floor to ceiling!!


I may have to do another Laura Heine quilt one of these days!!


And I didn't buy a thing!!!!


Of course, a girl has to eat..

So we tried a little bistro called Byte

It was a fried green tomato sandwich with tempura green beans

Before....


And after...Yummy!!


We wandered the streets of this cute town taill we found dessert....



How to choose....


It all looked amazing...


We settled on some salted caramel toffee.


We had made some new friends from Ontario on the ship.

Carolann and Chris Jones

They have a house in Florida for the winter.

We met up with them on our last night in Orlando.

They took us to an interesting restaurant called Manny's Chophouse


It was jam packed 
and 
the steak was delicous!!


It is themed as a roadhouse with all kinds of old vehicle parts and signs.

We went back to their house to meet the neighbours
and 
play some cards.

If they lived closer,

 I think they would be over all the time playing cards.

Thanks for the fun, Carolann and Chris!!

It was a nice way to end our vacation!

When we flew home, the trees were frosty from the warmup.

Just as gorgeous as blue seas and sand!!



Can't beat our skies!


We are right into the thick of calving as we speak.

One of the heifers calved this afternoon. 

She is about 3 weeks early and the little tyke didn't make it.

Thus the saying....

If you have livestock...you have dead stock....

It can only get better from here!!

Christa 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...