Thursday, October 13, 2016

Quadrants Quilt

I finally found some time to get to quilting


My 'Quadrants' quilt 


It is the quilt I tested for Gudrun Erla
 for her new book
'Stripology Squared'



I tried quilting with my industrial machine


which I have come to the conclusion.....

it is TOO FAST

Yup....

you heard it here....

Too fast for free motion quilting!!


Now to get it bound!

I also made up some self binding receiving blankets.



Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co. has a great tutorial on this easy gift

I used two Westrade wideback flannels from my recent order



It takes a 40"x 40" square 
and 
a 30" x 30" square.


With two Westrade widebacks,

 you get 9 receiving blankets of alternating combinations


As an added little bonus,

 I stitched a 'ps.I love you' tag into the seam


Quick and Easy!!

And speaking of Baby gifts....


Wouldn't this make an cute baby quilt??

Hmmmm...

I need more time in a day!!

Christa





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and hope your enjoyed!!

Bucket Bag Tutorial

 I thought I would try to show you how to make one of these bucket bags... They are fast and easy. I used 2 Fat Quarters and some batting. I...